What is NordVPN
VPN or virtual private network is a tunnelling system worldwide that allows you to use the internet securely and privately.
Everyone should use a VPN to secure their data from being stolen if they’re using public wifi. But if you use a VPN, the data is one to one encrypted, so it is safe. A VPN also lets you use websites from other countries or websites not available in your region.
NordVPN is a VPN service that works in windows, mac os, Linux, android, ios, and android tv.
Nord VPN came when they saw the problems people were facing while using the internet, like content control, internet censorship, intrusive government surveillance, etc. They saw the need for a security tool for safer and private internet use.
Nord VPN is one of the founding members of the VPN Trust Initiative (VPI), which focuses on educating people about safer internet usage and cybersecurity. It aims to provide a safe online space for people.
Nord VPN also works on various digital rights projects and provides immediate VPN access to freedom fighters and journalists. They also support NGOs and conferences based on human and digital rights.
The features which make NordVPN special are:
- They do bug bounties, and the hunters are rewarded for finding them. Isn’t this cool?
- Nord VPN is also the VPN to have an independent audit of no logging claims, which revolutionized the VPN services.
- Safety provided by Nord is next-gen.
- Unlike some VPNs, Nord VPN doesn’t make your internet slow. So you get a safe and speedy internet.
- It doesn’t buffer.
- 24/7 support is available.
- The best thing is that Nord doesn’t store, track or collect your private data.
- Double protection with onion over VPN
- Split tunnelling support means you can still surf your local content.
There are 5136 NORDVPN servers in over 60 countries, which means you can surf the content of 60 countries!! You can get NordVPN for any of your devices like windows, android, chrome, firefox, android tv, Linux, mac os, ios,
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Nord VPN app; you can use it on all your connected devices like FIRESTICK, XBOX, PlayStation, kindle fire, etc.
Nord VPN comes with three prices – two years, one year, and monthly with 30 days money-back guarantee.
It would help if you had NordVPN for safer internet use, blazing speed and unlimited bandwidth, no logging activity, and secure six devices at once.
Let’s talk about the amazing features that Nord VPN provides us:
- No log policy– When you use the internet without a VPN, it goes through your isp. That means that they have all your online activities. They can share it with any third party, so your privacy is at risk.
When you use a VPN, your traffic goes through your VPN, providing safer internet usage. But Nord VPN has a strict no-log activity. But your VPN provider has all your data. So you can safely surf the internet without any risk.
- Automatic Kill Switch– If NordVPN detects any unprotected connection, it disconnects you from the internet, and if you don’t want this to happen, you can turn it off.
- Next-generation encryption– If any third party or hacker finds your data, they won’t be able to interpret it as Nord VPN breaks it into packets that cannot be interpreted.
- Onion over VPN– NordVPN provides a double layer as the traffic goes through the onion browser, preventing untrusted ISPs and hackers from stealing your data. Highly resourceful for journalists, people who have3 sensitive data, etc.
- Six devices can be secured at once using NordVPN with only one subscription.
- Unlimited devices can be secured using your router.
- Nord VPN provides double VPN protection. Your traffic goes through two VPNs, so your data is highly secured.
- Fastest Speed– Nord VPN has 5100+ servers in 60 countries, so you get the lightning speed and can play worry-free and download easily anywhere, anytime.
- No buffering.
- 24/7 customer support.
- You can download VPN apps on various devices like android, windows, macOS, ios, etc.
- VPN extensions– You don’t need to worry if you can’t download the Nord VPN app. You can use its extension.
How Much Nord VPN Costs?
While buying a Nord VPN subscription, you don’t have to worry about buying it separately for different devices. Nord VPN subscription secures six devices with just one subscription. Isn’t it amazing!!
Nord VPN provides monthly as well as yearly subscription plans. The monthly costs are more than the yearly plan.
These are some of the plans:
- 1-year plan – $83.88 a year
- 2-year plan- $119.76 every two years
- 1-month plan- $11.95/month
After using NordVPN for 30 days, you can get your money back if you are not satisfied with its features.
Nord VPN plans also vary according to the mode of payment. If you buy it directly from Nord’s official website, then you get special offers. But if you buy it from retail stores, then it may cost you more.
You can easily upgrade your plan by going to your profile and selecting the desired plan, which will apply after your previous subscription ends but not forget to remove the previous one.
The best thing about NordVPN is that they accept various payment modes, even some cryptocurrencies!
Being the fastest VPN globally with a no-logs policy and so many features, trusted by experts and many users, NordVPN is the best VPN with affordable prices.
What VPN Protocols Does Nord VPN Offers?
There are various types of protocols a VPN service provides. You can choose a protocol depending on the type of functions that you want. All the protocols have different functions and security levels, and each has its pros and cons, so you must choose accordingly.
Nord VPN provides three protocols. The three protocols are-
OpenVPN- OpenVPN protocol can be used on both TCP and UDP ports. It is best for users who want a safer connection.
The default protocol provided on Nord apps is OpenVPN. By keeping in mind the security and safety of users, NordVPN chose OpenVPN as its default protocol which may be changed later.
It is the best protocol for using public Wi-F or banking details, and it is irreplaceable.
IKEv2/IPSec- Starting with its compatibility, the IPSec protocol is less compatible than the OpenVPN protocol. It is easier to use on Microsoft, but other OS might need adaptable versions.
It is one of the most secure VPN protocols and also detects firewalls easily. The best part about the IKEv2 protocol is that it provides stability while changing from Wi-Fi to mobile data, so you don’t have to worry about losing your VPN connection.
WireGuard- WireGuard is the latest VPN protocol. It is incomplete, so safety is a concern. But it is open source which makes it easier to audit and debug.
If you want a protocol for speed, then you can consider WireGuard. If you want extremely high speed for gaming or downloading large files but with security and safety, you can use NordLynx by NordVPN, which helps overcome WireGuard’s vulnerabilities.
NordVPN Servers And Server Locations
NordVPN has over 5100 servers in 60 countries on six continents. NordVPN provides diversified servers and locations along with various server categories.
Here is a list of servers that NordVPN offers:
- DoubleVpn– As its name suggests, your network is encrypted twice by NordVPN hence double-layer security. Use it when you want double security.
- Standard Server- The standard server hides your location under a different location and encrypts your traffic by connecting you to a standard server.
- Dedicated IP– Dedicated IP server is a specialized server for only one user. When you use other servers, you share it with other users, but dedicated IP is for you only; it’s like a personal server. It also comes with special features like dodging blocklisting.
However, it is a little pricey due to its special features, and it is limited to the UK, US, France, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- Onion over VPN– If you want another layer of security to your online activity, you should choose onion over VPN. Your traffic will first go through Nord’s server and then through the onion network, which can be accessed by the onion router(tor).
- P2P Servers– P2P Servers are used for safe torrenting, but it is not safe in every country.
NordVPN checks your location and accordingly connects you to the nearest VPN server for the best experience.
Here are the locations where NordVPN servers are located-
- Asia Pacific
- Africa, The Middle East, and India
Speed And Performance Of NordVPN
Speed of your network depends on various factors like:
- Distance of your VPN server
- Internet speed
And as you are using a VPN, it is bound to decrease the speed as you go through encryption and security levels.
Nord VPN has over 5100 servers in 60 countries, due to which it has incredible speed. It would help if you chose a server near to you to avoid a decrease in speed.
Despite the usual decrease in speed, Nord VPN still provides a faster connection.
You can choose from a variety of servers according to your needs. The functions which these servers will provide differ accordingly.
Nord VPN provides a P2P server, dedicated IP server, personal service and a little pricey but has great speed. So you can choose a server according to your needs and purpose for which you want to use VPN.
Nord VPN is one of the fastest VPNs in the world and is getting better day by day.
Nord VPN doesn’t buffer, has no logs policy, and secures six devices at once. It is compatible with all kinds of devices, and you can even use it from its website without downloading the app.
NordVPN may seem a bit overpriced, but it is surely one of the best and fastest VPN in the world with its next-generation encryption.
Security And Privacy With NordVPN
- The most amazing security feature of NordVPN is its no logs policy that means that it doesn’t store your logging history and your browsing data.
- Nord VPN has next-generation encryption that means that your data is highly secured.
- It has an automatic kill switch so that if you forget to close your browser, it will automatically remove your data.
- You can surf your local internet by staying protected via the split tunnelling mode.
- Double VPN for double layer protection.
- Onion over VPN again for double layer protection.
- You can turn on CyberSec to block ads and malware.
- Nord VPN also provides browser extensions for safe browsing.
- You can also take the DNS leak test to ensure that your data is not leaked.
- Nord also provides multi-factor authentication for your Nord accounts.
With the help of NordVPN, you can safely, securely, and privately surf the internet without worrying about your data getting leaked. Wanting to use a VPN doesn’t mean that you are hiding something. Some things are just private so use a VPN to use your internet as you want.
Choose a server according to the purpose of using a VPN and access any content across the world safely by using Nordvpn’s wide range of servers.
NordVPN Pros And Cons
Let’s talk about the good side first:
- Nord VPN has over 5100+ servers in 60 countries which is quite a lot, making it the best VPN as you can choose the nearest server and enjoy speed, privacy and security.
- Automatic Kill Switch- This feature of Nord VPN is most probably the best one. If your VPN connection breaks, then your internet will also be disconnected hence stopping any data leaks.
- No logs policy- Nord VPN doesn’t store your history and logging activity, so you don’t have to worry about clearing your history after surfing the internet.
- You only have to pay one time to protect six devices at once.
- Double layer protection with Onion over VPN and the double VPN server. So double security and double the joy.
- Fast and stable speeds all around the world due to its large server range.
- A wide range of payment options is available. Nord VPN even accepts some cryptocurrencies. You can even buy Nord with cash from the stores where it is available.
- You can access the restricted content on Netflix by using Nord.
Now let’s talk about the cons:
- The Open VPN configuration is not beginner-friendly.
- Torrenting is not available on most of the servers.
- The server connection is slow sometimes, but it mainly depends on your internet speed, so you can use a router if you want more speed.
Is NordVPN Good For Streaming?
Is NordVPN good for streaming? The answer is YES. Here is why…
- With NordVPN, there is no throttling. That means you can download and stream as much content as you want. Unlike some other VPNs, Nord doesn’t limit how much content you can download or stream so you can enjoy your surfing.
- Due to Nords wide range of servers all around the world, it provides very high speed. And with the NordLynx protocol, you get the lightning speed and watch content from all around the world.
- Due to throttling, there is buffering, but as Nord VPN doesn’t allow throttling, there is no buffering. Now you can enjoy your content without waiting for it to load.
- Access all your favourites while travelling without any interruptions securely.
- Nord doesn’t have a speed limit or capacity, so you get fast speed, security and privacy. What else do you want?!
- Unlock all the restricted content in your area from various platforms by using simple steps as instructed by Nord.
Does Nord VPN Unblock Netflix, Hulu And Other Platforms?
Nord VPN uses obfuscated servers which masks the fact that a VPN is being used. Still, these streaming platforms find out that the user is using a VPN and blocks the content.
If you want to access restricted content on Netflix, Hulu or any other platform, you have to follow some simple steps-
- Purchase a VPN subscription.
- Connect to the server nearest to the content you want to access.
The problem arises when the VPN you are using doesn’t have a server in the location whose content you want to access because the platform identifies the IP address and restricts it.
Here is when NordVPN comes. Due to its large server range, you can choose the server in the location whose content you want to choose.
So basically, the answer is yes. That NordVPN unlocks the restricted content on Netflix, Hulu and other platforms. You just have to choose a server nearest to the location whose content you want to watch.
Is NordVPN Good And Safe For Torrenting?
Nord VPN has no logs policy, next-generation encryption, automatic kill switch and no throttling, which are the requirements for safe and good torrenting.
So yes, Nord VPN is safe and good for torrenting, but it is not available on all servers.
- Nord VPN has a strict no-logs policy, so if by any chance your IP gets located or tracked, they won’t have any proof.
- Without a VPN, your IP blocks access to many torrent sites. But once you connect your Nord P2P server, you can easily download and access content using your torrent sites.
So, in conclusion, NordVPN does a very good job when it comes to torrenting; it masks your IP, and even if your IP gets tracked, you don’t have to worry as you won’t have any logging history.
Secondly, there is no throttling while using NordVPN, so you can download and stream without buffering.
And last, Nord has next-generation encryption, so it’s impossible to locate your IP address.
Is NordVPN Safe And Secure?
- Nord VPN has a next-generation encryption protocol, so your data is highly secured.
- It has no logs policy, so your logging activity is not saved, and you can search and access any content you want without fearing data leaks.
- It provides DNS leak protection also.
- Nord also provides a double VPN service or onion over VPN for a double layer of security.
- You can easily do torrenting with the P2P server of Nord without any buffering or loss of data.
- Nord has a built-in ad blocker and malware protection feature.
- Nord VPN provides AES-256 CBC encryption via OpenVPN, considered the safest and secure VPN protocol among all.
- Automatic Kill Switch- If by any chance your VPN gets disconnected, all the internet connections will be blocked so that there is no threat to your data.
- Nord VPN starts working as soon as you run the internet so that no your connections are safe and secure.
- Nord VPN secures six devices at once and is available for almost every device.
Can You Get Nord VPN For Free?
If you are wondering, you can get NordVPN for free. The answer is yes! But the catch is that it is free for 30 days only. If you don’t like the features after buying Nordvpn, you get your money back with its 30 days money-back guarantee.
To be honest, you shouldn’t buy a free VPN as:
- They are not safe.
- Provides low speed.
- Restricted bandwidth.
- May not have customer support.
- Less number of servers.
Whereas Nord VPN has:
- No logs activity.
- High speed.
- Next-generation encryption.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- 5100+ servers in 60 countries
And you can try it for free and see yourself.
NordVPN Plan And Pricing
NordVPN plans come with a 30 days money-back guarantee. Nord provides yearly and monthly plans as follows-
- 2-year plan- $3.71/month
- 1-year plan- $4.92/month
- Monthly plan- $11.95/month
As you can see, the price varies according to the plan you choose. Nord VPN price also varies according to the place from which you purchase it.
For example, if you buy it from a retail store, it has a higher price, but you get special offers and discounts if you purchase it from Nord’s official website.
Also, the monthly plan costs a lot more than the yearly one.
With only one plan of NordVPN, you can secure up to 6 devices at once. Isn’t it amazing?!
Nord VPN works in Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, and even Wi-fi routers!
If you are unsure about Nord’s features or you don’t like it after using it for 30 days, then you get a full money-back guarantee.
You can purchase Nord VPN service using online payment modes, credit cards, cash, and even some cryptocurrencies.
You can easily upgrade your Nordvpn plan by going to your profile and choosing the desired plan, which will come into effect after your current plan expires.
The best way to buy Nord VPN is through its official website, as you get special deals and offers, and a yearly plan is beneficial than a monthly one as it costs less.